This yummy rice with chicken dish, the arroz con pollo recipe, has everything you want in your meal. It has spices, it has protein, and healthy veggies that taste amazing.
This is a classic Colombian version of the famous Latin American recipe that is popularly relished all over the world.
Arroz con Pollo (Rice with Chicken)
- 2 pcs chicken breasts whole
- 1 can chicken stock
- 1/2 pc white onion
- 1 pc scallion
- 2 cps garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pc bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 pc garlic clove
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup diced green beans (frozen is fine)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 pc chicken bouillon brick
- 1/2 tbsp Goya Sazón with azafran
- 2.5 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- Into a pot, add the chicken, the stock and 5 cups of water.
- Cover with lid and bring the mix to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Take off the heat and let it cool. Once it has cooled down, drain the stock and reserve it.
- Shred the chicken and set aside for now.
- In a pan, heat the oil and fry the onion, garlic, bell pepper and the green peppers. Toss around for 4 minutes.
- Throw in the rice, chicken bouillon, tomato paste and the Goya Sazón. Stir well and make sure the rice is well coated with everything.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for nearly 15 minutes. Now add the carrots, peas and green beans to it. Stir for another 5-7 minutes.
- Finally throw in the shredded chicken, cilantro and stir for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.